Service of Alcohol Policy
CHRG and Lynwood Country Club promotes responsible service of alcohol in the best interests of its members, guests, staff and the community.
In accordance with the Liquor Act 2007 it is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
CHRG and Lynwood Country Club have implemented the following policies to prevent intoxication and provide the responsible service of alcohol:
- In order to prevent underage drinking, we require acceptable proof of age to be provided upon request.
- Persons who are believed to be intoxicated will be refused Admission to our premises.
- We will display and refer to our Intoxication Signs in order to support our responsible attitude and meet legislative requirements.
- We will not sell or supply liquor to an intoxicated person. Patrons in this establishment will be denied service and required to leave the premises if they are considered to be intoxicated.
- We will not allow any indecent, violent or quarrelsome conduct on our premises.
- All staff will be required to have current RSA competency cards prior to employment with Castle Hill RSL Group and will be required to actively identify and notify their Supervisor or Duty Manager of any person they suspect as approaching intoxication.
- We will support and actively promote initiatives to minimise drink driving in order to safeguard the well-being of our members.
See The Signs
CHRG and Lynwood Country Club provide a free and confidential service for Gambling and Financial Counselling.
This service includes:
- Confidential counselling
- Assessment to provide a range of assistance approaches to help problem gamblers
- Support and advice in addressing the associated problems with problem gambling
- Information and referral where required
There are signs that you may be experiencing problem gambling. If you are experiencing any of the following, please reach out for help.
- Maintaining secrecy around money issues
- Hiding signs of gambling from others
- Unusual debt changes eg refinancing the home to borrow more cash
- Being open or boasting of gambling wins, but understating or not mentioning any gambling losses
- Unexplained absences from work, home, or education
- Mood swings
- Unexplained generosity or euphoria
- Preoccupation with gambling e.g. thinking about gambling when involved in other activities, being frustrated when gambling venues are closed, planning the day or week around gambling activities
- Reduced ability to concentrate
- Loss of perception of time in gambling venues
- Memory lapses during or after gambling
The impacts of problem gambling can result in:
- Breakdown of significant relationships
- Financial problems
- Loss of trust
For more information on Gambling and Financial Counselling support, visit Lynwood Country Club or call the Membership Services Department on (02) 8858 4846.
Advertising, Lobbying & Campaigning Policy
CHRG and Lynwood Country Club is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members of our community to respectfully share time and discourse with others. Advertising, lobbying and campaigning is not permitted on club property. Acts of protest, activism and objection will not be tolerated, and any person inciting such will be escorted from club property.
CHRG and Lynwood Country Club are subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988. Personal information provided by you will be used primarily for the purpose for which that information is requested. You have a right to access and correct any of your personal information that the club holds about you.
CHRG and Lynwood Country Club does not usually disclose your personal information to any other organisation or person unless there is a legal requirement to do so. The Club may disclose your information to third parties that provide services under contract to the Club. These contracts require the third party to keep your personal information confidential and secure.
Your personal information, including information about you obtained as a result of you placing your membership card in a poker machine or having your card swiped when making a purchase at a Club outlet (not ATM’s), may be used by the Club for marketing purposes. This is to improve our services and to provide you with the latest information about those services and any new related services and promotions.
However, you have the option not to receive this information. Please note that for the purpose of the Privacy Act the Club’s Insight Magazine is considered to be information for Members of the Club and not a direct marketing tool.
Circlescan software is used for the Visitors sign in procedure across all CHRG venues. ircle Solutions specialises in ‘Identification Data Capture’ for the hospitality industry and is compliant with the Registered Clubs Act. All data is maintained by CHRG on a secure server and personal information provided may be used for marketing and promotional purposes. This system DOES NOT record/retain any specific identification numbers, such as your licence number. Use of this system is a CONDITION OF ENTRY.
The system records the following information from your ID:
- Date of Birth
- Signature Image
No other information is retained. Please note, if you do not wish to receive information from this Venue, please notify Door Staff at the time of entry.